Payment may be made by check/money order or PayPal (small service charge applied to PayPal orders).
|Tuition: $250/year for family
|New student registration: $25/student (maximum $50/family)
|Additional fee for 7th-12th grade students: $20/student
Refund policy: within 7 business days of registering, a refund will be provided, minus a $50 processing fee.
Insufficient funds policy: if your check is returned for insufficient funds, there will be a $40 charge to cover bank penalties.
Cedar Life Academy Requirements
- Students must be residents of California. However, CLA will accept students who will be living in California by the time school starts and students who are traveling out of state as part of their schooling.
- Parents must have reliable access to email. Much of the communication between CLA and parents is done electronically.
- Parents must have an interest in educating their children responsibly and agree to provide adult supervision.
- We expect that single parents will notify the non-custodial parent, and if needed, receive consent to enroll their children in CLA.
The first step after you have read CLA's website (including the FAQ) is to schedule a phone call.
- Send an email with your phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about your child (age and any special issues) is helpful.
- We will call you to discuss homeschooling and answer your additional questions, usually on the day you email.
- Is there a preferred time or day to call? Please include that in your email. Calls can be made on the weekend if requested.
If you are interested in enrolling after our phone call, we will email the registration papers and information about how to pay by check or Paypal.
- Submit registration paperwork and payment at the same time, as processing will not begin until everything is submitted (it is not enough to pay - the forms are needed too!).
- When the forms and payment are received, you will receive an email confirming that your child is enrolled.
- A few days later, you will also receive a letter in the mail. This letter confirms that you are teaching your child (and may qualify for a teacher discount) and may also be shown to anyone who might inquire about your child's education.